Sunday, April 22, 2007

Ouch!

Emmie got her ears pierced a year ago but they closed up after they had gotten infected. She has been insisting on getting them pierced again but I have been putting her off for months. We went to the mall on Friday and she begged me to get them pierced. She started to chicken out about 30 seconds before it actually happened (as you can see from this picture.) It hurt and she was pretty sad about it but cheered up immediately at the thought that it was done and she had her "pretty earrings" in again!!

Talbie is my only girl that got her ears pierced the first time and kept them pierced. She would let me help her take care of them and is stronger that way. Talbie wanted contacts a few months ago but she still can't put them in by herself so I do it for her every morning before school and she's great at it. She can take them out herself so I'm sure it will only be a matter of time before she can do it all on her own.

Maddie on the other hand - she wanted her ears pierced in kindergarten so we did it. After the 6 weeks of taking care of them was up, she wouldn't let me touch them to help her get them out and new ones back in. Therefore, the holes closed up and she didn't have pierced ears anymore. She wanted them done in the 1st grade - SAME STORY. She wanted them done in the 2nd grade - SAME STORY. She wanted them done in the 3rd grade - and I threatened that it would be the last time until she could physically drive herself to the mall and then I could be sure that she was old enough to take care of them on her own. The 3rd grade piercing took and she still has pierced ears believe it or not!

Girl's at the mall - Maddie didn't get
turned around in time for the picture!

2 comments:

nalani said...

Hey at least Emmie is braver than Oprah----she didn't have the guts to get her ears pierced til she was 50!!

Kellie said...

I remember watching that show and I was thinking, "What a baby" when she was freaking out!