We arrived in Boise on Friday afternoon and we used that time to do a little sight seeing. We got some pictures in front of some of my old houses and schools. We have been by them before on trips to Boise, but since we didn't have the kids, we took time to take pictures.
This is the house I lived in when I was 5
My kindergarten. McKinley Elementary
This is the house I lived in from 3rd grad to 11th grade. My family then
moved to Utah for my Senior year.
We drove out to Caldwell and had a great visit with my Great Uncle Floyd. He will be 94 in September!
That evening we went to dinner with my cousin, Matt and his wife, Tammy. Matt is my age and we were best friends growing up. I love getting together with them. We have such a great time.
Saturday was the wedding in the Boise Temple. I was 15 when that temple was built. I was able to attend the dedication and I have done baptisms for the dead there, twice. It was a pleasure to attend a sealing there.
Ivy and Joseph Waite
The reception was that evening in Baker. We stayed the night at the Geiser Grand Hotel in Baker. It's an old hotel that was restored about 10 years ago. It was built in 1886 and was quite famous in it's day.
Breakfast at the Geiser Grand The interior of the beautiful Geiser Grand Hotel
On the way home on Sunday, we stopped in Twin Falls, Idaho. I lived there in the 2nd grade and we drove past my old house. We could have made this tour of all my old houses and schools. I lived in 3 different houses in Boise and went to 6 different schools.
My Twin Falls house that my dad built. I lived here in the 2nd grade!
While we were in Twin Falls we drove past the new temple being built. It's going to be
beautiful!

No comments:
Post a Comment