Monday, September 3, 2007

Saturday from H.E.Double Toothpicks!

Saturday was not a "special day" for our family but the saying goes - that bad things always happen in "3's" so I think we're good now.

Things started out relatively normal. We got the papers delivered and then Dave mowed the lawn. Brittany and Jared were doing some major yard work at their house and were pulling up weeds and bushes. Dave went over to help them and ended up breaking both of our shovels.

He decided to take a break and go pick up lunch for everyone so Brittany and I sent him to Taco Time in Provo. He was all dirty and didn't have his wallet so I just got my American Express card out for him to take with him. Well, bad timing because he had to plow through all the BYU traffic - only to get there, place this huge order, and get to the drive up window and they told him they didn't take American Express. He was ticked!

Maddie was with him and she said Dave was fuming all the way back home. He still hadn't cooled off as they were coming down that small, narrow road in front of Brittany's house - only to have one of the big buses from the "Timpanogos Storytelling Festival" run into him head on.

For those of you that don't know - the Storytelling Festival is held up Provo Canyon but they use the church parking lots as places for people to park and ride the shuttle buses up. They have plenty of major or full size roads to use but they always insist on using this narrow road that has only room for 1 car. It's very dangerous on a normal day when 2 cars are trying to come through it. One will have to stop and back up to let the other car through. School buses aren't even allowed to use the road because they have taken out one of the fences along that road - twice!

Anyway - our van needs a new front bumper and the radiator was punctured so we can't drive it - AND with it being a 3 day weekend we probably won't be able to get it fixed until after tomorrow. Fun times!

6 comments:

The BC Fam said...

yikes! that sounds like a mess-glad everyone is ok physically, though! I'm going to try to update soon, you'd think having all the kid's in school, i'd have time but I've been busier than ever!

nalani said...

I am not surprised one bit that one of those freakin buses hit Dave! I couldn't believe how fast they were crusin' through the neighborhood all weekend---I thought for sure they'd kill someone! I'd be seriously ticked if I were you!

Kellie said...

Nalani - we were SO mad. As were were all standing there after the accident - we watched another 3 drive by. Brittany was LIVID. When their supervisor stopped, Brittany LAID into her. The lady said, "It's a public road." Brittany yelled, "That doesn't mean it's SAFE!" The supervisor later said that she talked to the drivers and they were going to avoid the road. They didn't and we kept seeing them all day long. I'm going to complain!

Ben said...

This just proves that bad things happen to the nicest people. The story telling festival is neat and all but sometimes I am just glad when it is over.
Oh an not taking amex is the best way for a company to lose my business. Very lame, hope things get better for you guys.

nalani said...

So I just e-mailed my friend Stephanie Ashton who's on the Storytelling Festival Committee and she said the city is the one who runs the buses for the festival but she is going to bring up what happened in their committee meeting on Monday! She said to tell you she feels horrible for what happened.

Kellie said...

Thanks Nalani. You're the best!