Friday, November 30, 2007

Christmas Home Show

Last night my mom and I went to the Christmas Home Show that is sponsored every year by the Utah County Symphony Guild. There are some ladies in my ward that belong to that and so we hear about this home show every year. Last year we went and it has become a fun tradition.

Last year the home show featured huge homes in Orem. This year it featured old historic homes in the downtown Provo area. We REALLY enjoyed it last night. My mom grew up on 2nd south in Provo - just down from the Maeser School. Last night was a walk down memory lane for her. It was great fun!


We started the tour at the Hines Mansion - which is now a bed and breakfast. It has been beautifully restored and has neat rooms you can stay in.


This is the Paxman house. My mom knows the Paxman family and went to school with their daughter. She remembers going to this house in her teenage years and hanging out.


This home has different owners now but it used to belong to Gayla Clark and my mom spent many days playing in this house with her daughter.


Another cute home and my mom knew the owners.


This is something neat. As you walk along Center Street and side streets of downtown Provo - you see these metal rings in the cement along the curb. They were used for people to tie their horses to when they would stop in front of someone's home to visit. I love that there are still great pieces of history like this preserved for us to see.

5 comments:

The BC Fam said...

How fun! I went to that w/my mom one year. That's cool Pat knew the homes.

Hacking it up said...

That looks like so much fun! That kind of stuff just puts you in the Christmas spirit! They do a candlelight tour of Lindon B Johnson's boyhood home here this time of year...I think we're going to try it out!

andrea said...

Looks fun!

I've been in Provo a ton in my years here...why have I never seen those rings? I guess I need to be more observant...that is awesome they are still there!

andrea said...

me again....I tagged you....I know, not again!!! It's an easy one....check my blog for details.

Jared Heal said...

Look like you had a lot of fun. I'm so sad I couldn't be there next year for sure.