I've done this "tagged" thing before but I liked this one my friend, Andrea sent me. It's a little different than all the rest, so here goes...
1. How long have you been a mother?
Almost 16 years. It's not getting any easier!
2. How many kids call you mommy?
4 except Emmie is the only one that says "mommy" anymore. It's sad. I remember the day that Maddie first called me "mom" - I hated it - mommy is so much cuter!
3. When you were pregnant, did you know what you were having?
Yes - I'm note one of those people who likes surprises. I had to know!
4. How old were you when you became a mom?
I was married right after I turned 22 and Maddie came when I was 23.
5. How long were you in labor?
Maddie - 2 days and she came 2 days late. I was induced with the last 3 because Talbie was almost 9 pounds and I threatened the doctor on the last 2.
6. What's your favorite thing about being a mom?
I don't know. Everyday is filled with so many challenges but it's those moments when all is right with the world that you thank Heavenly Father for blessing your life with kids. I can't imagine my life without them. My favorite saying I saw lately, "Grant me patience to deal with my blessings."
7. What's your least favorite things?
Watching them get hurt or sad.
8. Do you want more kids?
I've had 6 pregnancies and spent 10 years getting my kids here. I happy with the results and I'll be ready for more when the grandchildren start coming.
9. Have you ever taken your kids on a trip?
Of course - but it's getting more fun now that they are all getting older.
10. How many times have you been peed on?
More times than I can count. I've only been thrown up on once and that's a blessing!
11. How many times have you been thrown up on?
I just answered that - funny. Baby spit up doesn't count, right?
12. Are your kids named after someone?
Yes...
Madeline Corine - Corine is my middle name and I loved the name Madeline
Talbie Marie - Maddie gave Talbie her name (many of you have heard that story and I just told it in RS Sunday so many of you are sick of it) and Marie is my Grandma's name.
Bronson David - Maddie picked Bronson's name too and David is my husband's name.
Emmaline Daphne - Daphne was my great grandma's name and Emmaline is a character from the beloved "Anne of Green Gables" movies that I adore!
13. When was the last time you had a sitter and what did you do?
I lucky because I have 2 1/2 built in babysitters right now. (Bronson isn't quite ready to leave for more than 15 minutes at a time and I think Emmie will be babysitting him before too long). When Maddie turned 8, she became our full time babysitter because she HATED to be babysat - unless it was one of the grandma's. Maddie's too social now so we have to ground her to get her to babysit :). Talbie is a top notch babysitter!
14. When your kids get in trouble, who is the bad guy?
Me for sure. When I'm gone and they ask Dave if they can do something, they say, "Did mom say it was OK?" He'll tell them, "Hey, if I said it's OK - it's OK". Then I come home and they are all in trouble - even Dave!
15. What's the longest you've been away from your kids?
4 days but Dave and I are going on a cruise in February for 8 days.
16. Are your toe nails painted?
Are you kidding? If they ever do get painted, they stay painted until they are grown out! Just kidding but who has time to paint their toe nails?
17. Last movie you saw in the theater?
I have seen 3 lately. Dan, in Real Life - Very good. Fred Claus - Not so good. Mr. Magoriums Wonder Imporium - also not so good. Even the kids had a hard time in that one.
18. One thing you will not give up, even though you're a mom?
It's amazing what you give up being a mom. I buy my jeans at Walmart so Maddie can buy $200 jeans (I DON'T buy those jeans for her - but my dad does). I think when you're a young mother, you give up alot but now as my girls get older, they are so fun to do things with that we do just about everything.
19. One thing you do give up now that you're a mom?
I guess a lot of things but honestly, I'd rather give my kids something than myself.
20. Favorite cartoon?
Pixar movies.
21. Favorite snack?
Diet Coke and anything sweet.
22. When the kids are napping, you are?
My kids don't nap but my youngest is in kindergarten so when they're in school, I run around like a crazy person.
23. Where are your kids now?
Emmie just got home from school and she's playing upstairs with Logan (Brittany's son) and the rest are still in school.
24. Favorite place to buy maternity clothes?
It used to be Motherhood but now there are so many other options.
25. If I could do it over - I'd do this differently?
I do a lot of things differently now that I've had a little more experience. I don't stress so much about keeping everything spotless. And I think I would have re thought the whole "scrapbook" thing because now - after spending so many years caught up on them - I'm 3 years behind and I don't think there's hope!
I'm tagging...
I don't want to put too much pressure on anyone because I've been tagged a lot and haven't done most of them. ANY of you who would like to do this - I'd love to read your answers.
Kellie
Our Family History
-
The David Knowles Family
(Dave, Kellie, Maddie (Logan), Talbie, Bronson, and Emmie)
Here is our most family history for the Christensen Family reunion...
12 years ago

1 comment:
I'm so glad you did this one! I thought it was fun as well. I'm stealing your saying..."Grant me patience to deal with my blessings."...that is the best one I've heard in a while!!!!! I'm going to make up and embroider a pillow with that....or even better, find someone to make it in vinyl letters and put it up on my wall. In a large font!
Post a Comment