Wednesday, November 7, 2007

"You'll Shoot Your Eye Out Kid!"


Many of you may have noticed the poll to the side of this blog. I want you to vote on your favorite Christmas movie of all time. I voted for "It's a Wonderful Life" but I was second guessing myself because "A Christmas Story" is really an all time favorite of mine as well.

Many of you know Dave's history and how - while working with the Sheriff's Department - he shot his eye out (from a ricochet bullet while shooting at a metal target). He has a prosthetic eye in his right eye. During his years at the Sheriff's Department he had many duties from Patrolmen to Detective, etc. His favorite job, I think was working undercover. He did that for 5 years. While you're undercover, you try to disguise many things about yourself - your appearance, your residence, and even your name. He was known, all those years as "Ralphie" and when he runs into some of his old buddies from the Department, they still call him that. Hence - the love for the movie, "A Christmas Story". And trust me - after hearing some of the the nicknames other guys had - he was thankful for "Ralphie."

P.S. My mom even has a leg lamp in the middle of her front room window and it's been there for years!

4 comments:

Shea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shea said...

yeah, i love that lamp. i think it's awesome that your mom has it in their front window.

Hacking it up said...

Hey Kellie! How are ya? Andrea gave me the link to your blog! I finally started one too...it's called hacking it up...I'm still learning, so, ...you grt what you get...in fact this is the second time I've tried to post a comment here...If you have many, it's because I don't know what the crap I'm doing...

Kellie said...

STEPH! I'm so excited for you to join the blogging world. I'm going to check it out right now!! It's great to hear from you other than our yearly Christmas cards! Your sister in law - Tiffany works at the studio Maddie dances at. Love her.