Dave was ALL OVER THAT! He decided it would be great for them to make Methane Gas!
I have NO idea what it involves but he has spent every day testing this contraption - loading it with grass clippings and dog poop - and seeing how much gas it's producing.
He's been helping Maddie every step of the way and I actually think she understands how it works now.
Anyway - yesterday she had to present her final PowerPoint Presentation to the class. It went really well. I picked her up from school and she said, "I did my presentation today and I even sounded so smart!" She said her teacher picks 2 kids from the entire Jr. High to present their projects at BYU and he picked Maddie's. This means that she has a guaranteed "A" in science this term and she could go on from there to compete nationally.
Dave was SO EXCITED! He said to me, "Did you hear I got an "A" on my science project?"
Funny Story...
My mom came and picked me up for our Christmas party on Sunday and saw the project in the garage. She asked what it was and I told her that Dave and Maddie were making methane gas for her science project. She looked a little puzzled but didn't say anything.
We were at the party with my family and we were all laughing about something. Then my mom said, "Well, Dave is making methamphetamine in his garage for a science project!" I said, "MOM!!! It's not meth - it's METHANE GAS! BIG DIFFERENCE!!" I hope SWAT team doesn't come busting our door down anytime soon! Good thing Dave still has a few connections!

5 comments:
That is so funny that your mom thought you had a Meth lab in your garage!....boy, these school projects have really changed since I was a kid!! :) Way to go Maddie...and Dave!!! I hate science fair projects, as you probably saw on my blog...
Good job Dave! Oh, I mean Maddie! I wish my hubby would jump all over science projects like that....but in our case, we just both inwardly groan. Good thing it was him dealing with in....I could handle the grass clippings, but you totally lost me on the dog poop....ick!
Too funny about the Meth lab thing with your mom....I guess she thought Dave went over to the "dark side"!
your mom is too funny! that's exciting for maddie--a guaranteed A in Science is also a good thing.
We'll make sure Nathan sees this one. I think he lives for the day to be able to do projects like that with our kids. Instead he gets to do his own dumb ones at school. He will be jealous of Dave. Congrats to Maddie, that will be fun for her.
I love it. That is so hilarious, and tell Dave congratulations!...Maddie, too.
Post a Comment