Friday, January 11, 2008

Entrepreneur


Bronson has made a lot of money since we started the paper route in July. He has 2 accounts. One is a savings account that he can't take money out of and the other one is a spending account. I don't put very much money in the spending account - but it's a lot to a 9 year old boy. He even has a debit card that goes with this account.

He doesn't like to spend his money. He was very generous at Christmas time and he bought me a chocolate fountain that I haven't used yet. But, the other day I was at the bank making deposits and I said, "Boy Bronson, you have quite a bit of money here that you could spend. Why don't you take your nice mom out to lunch?" His reply, "No, I don't want to spend any of it." So far - that's all the thanks I've gotten for getting up with him every morning to deliver the papers.

It got him thinking though. He's been coming up with other ways to make money. He found some ancient Roman coins on ebay the other day and he bid on the one above. He won the bid on the coin that dates back to 300 A.D. It cost him $11.00 with shipping. Who knows - his little investments could pay off someday.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

what a smart kid. i don't think i even had $20 to my name at Bronson's age...

Hacking it up said...

There's thanks for you! You should print up an invoice charging for gas and lack of sleep compensation!...Or at least have him sign a contract promising you half of whatever he makes on his coin one day! :)