Yesterday afternoon Bronson was pulling in the garbage can from the street when he came running into the house and said, "There's a new bunny in the cage!" I thought he must be mistaken because he or Dave feed the bunnies every day and there has never been any other bunny in the cage.
I went out to see and sure enough - we have a new baby bunny. I told you that in the summer when we got the bunnies we were assured they were all female - but I had my doubts. Especially after I saw them check the bunnies at the pet store to see if they are male or female and it's IMPOSSIBLE to tell! Anyway - I was right.
These bunnies are in a cage outside in our garden spot. They have a network of underground tunnels that they live in and they come up to eat. This was the first time (that we had seen) that the new bunny and been up. We've name her(he) "Peter Rabbit".
The sad news is that there is a black bunny in the corner of the cage that is dead. That goodness that's a "daddy job" to retrieve it!
We wanted to hold the little bunny so bad yesterday but it stayed close to it's mommy and wouldn't come near us. We'll keep you posted on how she's doing!

5 comments:
You guys better get a bigger pen because I think your in for a bunny farm
How fun to have a new addition! It was fun to see you guys the other at the unplanned party in Britt's kitchen! We need to have another Guitar Hero night I still can't beleive how good you are!
You must noe read your comment very often I usually always comment now that I finally know how
How fun for you! Cute little fella...or gal...I guess you'll find out! :)
Hi Kellie - You don't know who I am but I'm Britt Mitchell's sister, and I wanted to say thank-you for the "Charlie" finger video. I like to check out your blog and I showed my kids the Charlie video and now they imitate it all the time and beg to see it... they even try to do it with an english accent - it's very cute. So thank you for posting that!! And your blog is darling and your family is adorable! I just wanted to let you know.
Megan
Post a Comment