Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

Yesterday was my birthday! I love birthdays but I've decided that I don't really like getting older. Next year will be the big "40" for me and I honestly can't believe that. I don't feel old, but I guess I am.

I had a great birthday because of my wonderful friends and family. I was truly spoiled. Dave surprised me on Saturday and made arrangements for us to go out to dinner with my parents, Brittany and Jared, and Dave's sister - Sandy. That was a lot of fun. Then on Sunday we had another little party and birthday cake with our family on Easter. I spent yesterday morning with Brittany, shopping and going out to lunch. Then the rest of the day was spent receiving gifts and birthday wishes from all my friends.

All I can say is that I'm truly blessed to have such supportive family and friends. I can't believe how kind you all are. Many thanks again and I love you all.

FYI - I was born in 1969. Here are some interesting facts from that year...

1. Neil Armstrong lands on the moon
2. Woodstock is held in upstate New York
3. Record of the year was "Mrs. Robinson" by Simon and Garfunkel. The funny thing about that is that song is that it's currently one of Maddie's favorites and if you were to go onto her "MySpace" you would hear that song. I love it when she discovers new songs that have been around for 40 years!
4. Cost of a first class stamp is $.06
5. Average middle income family made $8,389 a year.
6. A gallon of gas cost $.35!
7. The average cost of a new home was $27,900 (cheaper than a car today!)

7 comments:

andrea said...

Happy, happy birthday! It sounds like you got spoiled and felt lots of birthday love.

And don't worry about the number....I'm on the downhill side to the 4-0 as well, and I'm just ignoring it! Nothing wrong with that in my book, as long as you don't feel it, it isn't true!

It also helps that my kids don't know my real age because I never give them a straight answer. Nicole told someone the other day that I was 24. Good girl!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great day!

The BC Fam said...

Wow! I'm a loser and a half! I'm so sorry I didn't call, my parent's left yesterday and it was the last day of Spring Break so I was trying not to kill my kid's, but no excuse, I'm sorry and Happy B-day!!!!
Love you,
Caleen

Sommer said...

Happy Birthday to you!

jill allison said...

I'm so glad your birthday was so special. Loved the 1969 facts. I think lunch next week should work. I'll email you. You are loved!

bulkleybunch said...

happy birthday old woman!!! glad you're older than me! hope it was a good one.

Hacking it up said...

Happy Birthday again!!!! :)
Sounds like you had a great day!!!
I wish gas still cost 35cents a gallon, instead of $3.35 cents....or more...
You're only as old as you act...I think I'm almost 18!!! :)