Thursday, March 27, 2008

A Rough Day for Talbie

Yesterday was a rough day for Talbie. She started off by having to go to the doctor (the same time as Emmie) and get 2 more shots to get her caught up for registration for 7th grade. I remember the day when the kids would get their kindergarten shots and then you could say, "After these shots, you'll never have to get another shot!" Well - those days are gone. Now they have the series of Hepatitis A (which she had already had all of those), they have the Gardisil shot that is a 3 part series of shots (to prevent cervical cancer)and a shot for meningitis. The shots she needed were a tetanus booster and the next Gardisil shot.

(It's pretty funny when you bring your camera to the doctor with you and they say, "You must be a blogger!")

After Talbie's shots, we let her pick where she wanted to eat lunch because it was her "last meal" before we headed to the orthodontist for BRACES! She chose Subway!





Aren't they pretty? She only needed to get them on the top for now. At least she never needed the "medieval torture device" that Maddie needed before she got braces. You know the one that you crank every day or so to widen their jaw and the roof of their mouth?

After all of this, we went later that evening to the Jr. High and turned in everything for registration for next year. She's growing up - whether we want her to or not!!

Bronson also went with us to the orthodontist but his is another story that will have to wait until tomorrow. We thought Maddie had a small mouth when she started out with the ortho - Bronson wins the prize. More on him tomorrow...

5 comments:

The BC Fam said...

We were at the ortho today too! Just getting spacers for Markelle, Chase won't start for a couple of years. I can't believe Bronson, can't wait for the story! And you know I want to be included on your privacy list, right? Even though I forgot to call you on your b-day! :)

Pat said...

poor Talbie, growing up is so hard to do. I still think I have growing days. It never seems ti stop. She looks very cute in braces. She is always smiling no matter what. She is great.

andrea said...

Yeah, I never tell my kids, "that's the last shot ever...." Especially since I'm a super mean mom and get flu shots every year!

Poor Talbie...and Bronson, it sounds like! I feel their pain...literally! Tell them to do it right the first time...put up with it once and WEAR YOUR RETAINERS so you don't have to do it again when you are an adult...like me! :)

Junior High....the days I would never want to relive. :) Oh well, we all have to do it.

Fleming Family said...

That sounds like a rough day. Looks like Talbie made it through ok. I can't believe all the shots they have now, crazy! I hope she's still smiles when they tighten those braces! :) Good luck!

Hacking it up said...

Dang!
These kids and their teeth! We're headed to the ortho this week to get lauren's braces tightened again...Madi is anxious to start, but we're waiting on one more tooth for her...good times...
Talbie looks cute with hers on! :)