Many of you know Emmie's history with her IGA Deficiency. She always has a runny/stuffy nose and we try and stay on top of it the best we can. She's had some head aches lately and has been pretty grumpy - compared to her normally cheerful self.
Well, 2 days ago she said, "Mom, I'm sick. Will you take me to the doctor?" I asked her why she thought she was sick but just blew it off. The next day she complained that her ear was hurting and again said, "Can I go to the doctor today?" I gave my standard answer of, "We'll see" - and blew her off again.
I picked her up from school that day and she said, "Are we going to the doctor?" I told her no and she acted sad. I couldn't understand why she wanted to go to the doctor so bad.
Yesterday, I had to check Talbie out of school when I picked Emmie up, so Talbie could go to the doctor and get her last shot she needed to register for Jr. High last night. When Emmie heard we were going to the doctor she said, "Am I seeing him too?" I told her Talbie was just getting a shot but that I would talk to them. By now, I'm starting to think something might be up.
Anyway, long story short - I had the doctor look at Emmie while we were there and sure enough - she had double ear infections and a sinus infection. I'M SUCH A LOSER! She turned and looked at me after the doctor said that and said, "I told you I was sick!"
I'm thankful we've had the same pediatrician for almost 16 years and he just laughed - instead of reporting me to the authorities!

4 comments:
You can't get "Worst Mom of the Year" award because I'm already ahead of you in line for it! We've all done that. No harm done! You know what's up now, and are getting it taken care of....glad Emmie will be feeling better soon! Hopefully we're all just getting the last of the winter sicknesses....all my kids have coughs, runny noses, and I have a scratchy throat too...on to summer health!
you seriously are the worst mom! haha
that's funny that you took a picture at the doctor's office. did the doctor know that you were blogging it?
Kellie now you can join the rest of us mother who are on that list. I was way younger when it happened to me. Your one of the better moms
Everybody does that...some more than others....It toughens kids up....pioneers didn't even have treatment for such things...they just had to let their eardrums rupture...so, look on the bright side...you didn't let her eardrums rupture, and even if you had...you'd just be like the pioneers...and they weren't bad moms....
Post a Comment