Thursday, April 24, 2008

Getting to Know Me...

I have seen this done on other blogs and it was on Jessie's today and I wanted to give it a go. Jessie started 20 years ago but since I'm so old, I'm going to start 35 years ago!

35 years ago I...
1) was 4 years old living in Boise, ID and I started taking dancing lessons from my grandma
2) had 2 little brothers, ages 2 and 1
3) started reading "Dick and Jane" books and I've loved them ever since.

30 years ago I...
1) was 9 years old and in the 3rd grade
2) I started the 3rd grade at ANOTHER different school. I went to a different school for kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade.
3) We moved into the yellow house on Summerwind Dr. in Boise and I LOVE that house.

25 years ago I...
1) was 14 and in the 8th grade at Lowell Scott Jr. High
2) had one entire wall of my room plastered with Duran Duran pictures from magazines!
3) started taking Driver's Ed because you could get your license in Idaho at age 14. I didn't end up getting mine until I was 15.

20 years ago I...
1) was 19 and graduated from high school. Started my freshman year at BYU
2) had the best year of my life meeting new friends at Deseret Towers. I still love these friends to this day!
3) was working at First Security Bank as loan processor. I had that job for 6 years (17 to 23) until I had Maddie.

15 years ago I...
1) was married (our 17 yr anniversary is on the 30th!) with a little baby.
2) I quit my job and became a full time mom.
3) we moved into Dave's parent's basement apartment in Heber so Dave could go to the Police Academy, work full time, and work on his Criminal Justice degree.

10 years ago I...
1) was living in this same house I'm in now (we moved here 12 years ago).
2) had Maddie and Talbie and was probably pregnant with Bronson
3) was a busy mom who never thought she'd get to leave the house. Now I'm an even busier mom who would LOVE to stay home!

5 years ago I...
1) had my last baby and she was a year old.
2) we got a dog - Zoey - who we still love!
3) went to Disney World with Dave and the kids (and Brittany's family) for the first time. Dave's first time to any Disneyland attraction!

1 year ago I...
1) was doing pretty much the same things I'm doing now
2) started my blog!
3) was really stressed out about Dave's employment and his new business.

This year I...
1) went on my first cruise with my husband, siblings, and parents
2) am not as stressed about Dave's business
3) am a year older :(

Yesterday I...
1) why is it easier to remember 35 years ago than yesterday?
2) ran a million errands
3) ran more errands

Today I...
1) took Zoey to the groomers
2) picked up Maddie for lunch because her friends were gone and she didn't want to spend lunch alone
3) helped Maddie get all her dance costumes together, took Talbie to violin, visited my sick neighbor and brought her lunch, picked up Talbie from school and drove her to acting, sent Bronson to piano, picked up Talbie, picked up Bronson, made arrangements for my dad to pick up Maddie because Dave's gone, have to get ready for a Stake meeting in 30 minutes. Basically - MORE ERRANDS!

Tomorrow I...
1) don't have much on the calendar in the morning so I want to go to the temple
2) Maddie, Talbie, Brittany, and I are going to the Orem High Dance Company Concert
3) need to clean bathrooms but I really don't want to!

Next year I...
1) will have a 16 year old - GIRL (YIKES!)
2) will have another driver in the family (YEAH!)
3) will love this little family of mine even more!!!

Thanks Jessie for the great idea. I encourage all of you to do this. It really gets the memories flowing!

5 comments:

Cindy said...

That was fun to read! I'm still about to pee my pants from that story JoLyn told us.

Kellie said...

Can't you just imagine it? I still chuckle when I drive by that house :)

Pat said...

That was so great to read. I'm going to do that only on paper. I can't think as fast as you.

Borens said...

Thanks for the blast from the past. It's amazing how far we've come, huh?

Hacking it up said...

That was a great post! Fun to read! Maybe I'll get around to doing that one! :)