Thursday, July 31, 2008

What I Did Today

I love to can! We live next to an orchard and our wonderful neighbors that own it, are always blessing us with fruit from their trees. We got a sack of apricots the other day and I made 11 jars of jam this morning. I had the bug and decided to go buy more so I could keep making it. I went to a local fruit stand and bought a box of apricots. I only got half of it canned and I'll finish the rest tomorrow.

It's a lot more fun to can when the fruit and veggies are free, but it saves money in the long run - no matter how you do it.

3 comments:

Suzy said...

So yummy!

Lula. said...

Yum! I could learn from you.

Britt Mitchell said...

Girl, you are an ambitious one! Hey, you're welcome to any fruit in our yard! ha ha ha. They do look delish. :)