Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Draper Temple

Last night we took a drive to the new Draper Temple to see the progress for family night. It is coming right a long. The landscaping is being done right now and I bet their finishing up the inside. I don't know what the open house dates will be for this temple but it sure is in a beautiful spot. You can see it from I-15 up on the mountain - just before you reach the "point". The view is spectacular and there are tons of beautiful homes up there. What a treat to have 2 new temples just another 15-20 minutes away.

We went to Thanksgiving point and had dinner at the deli with the kids after seeing the temple. This took Maddie, Talbie, and I back to our "Nutcracker" days when we'd eat there during dress rehearsal. It's a yummy place.

The plan was to then drive to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple after that, which is just on the other side of the freeway - about 10 miles down but we were getting too tired. We will save that for another drive but we want to do it soon before it opens so we can get some pictures of it under construction.

Here is some more information is you want the addresses so you can check them out yourself!

Draper Utah Temple

Physical Address:
14065 Canyon Vista Lane
Draper, UT 84020

United States




Oquirrh Mountain Temple

Physical Address:

11022 S 4000 W
South Jordan, Utah 84095
United States


2 comments:

Pat said...

Such a beautiful sight. Dad and I will have to do the same. Your dad loves things like that. He will shocked when I make the suggestion. He thinks I am a stick in the mud, because I always want to stay home. You are a lot like me

Hacking it up said...

You guys are so lucky to have so many temples so close!! We saw the Draper one when we were visiting there in July...it is in a beautiful spot!