Dave's 39th birthday is on Tuesday so we had all the family over for a huge BBQ yesterday. We usually just have everyone over for cake and ice cream on birthdays because our family is getting so huge, but Dave wanted to put on the whole spread. He knew that meant doing most of the work himself because he is the master BBQ'er. It was the best day and we had a TON of good food!

Dave at the grill. We borrowed Brittany and Jared's grill too so he had 2 going at the same time. There was enough meat to fee 100 people (but we only had 40!)

Emmie enjoying her food!

Dave and I (thanks Lissy for taking the picture. She noticed that I never post pictures of myself on the blog!)

At the party, Logan let his butterflies free that had just come out of their cocoons.

The boys trying to get Steven to play football with them

Dave admiring the stick? Emmie gave him for his birthday!

Dave and his real presents! He made a haul

Dave and his mommy!

Most of the party was spent torturing Maddie. This my my dad and my brother, Dustin - trying to get Maddie's picture so Dustin could distort it on his iphone!
The video below is Uncle Kevin torturing Maddie! It's a classic!! I told Maddie she could thank her dad for this because he tortured Megan (Kevin's daughter) mercilessly when she was young. It was pay back time!

Abi and Zack

Maddie and Abi (Maddie was riding my dad's Vespa - hence the helmet!)
4 comments:
Looks like a way fun party! Hope Dave had a good birthday. Loved the video with Maddie. So funny!
You guys always throw a great party. We had a blast. Next time we have a barbeque we will have dave and Dustin had a throw down. Dustin thinks he is really good,but that is yet to be seen. That will be our next party. I was so excited to get to eat Bratworst or how ever you spell it. I am always watching the commericials and want to try them, but I would probably end up eating them all myself.
Happy Birthday! Looks like you all had a fun time.
I am so sorry we missed Dave's birthday party. We were planning on coming but we had friends over Saturday and they stayed till Sunday afternoon and Cody and I were too pooed to do anything. But we are planning on coming down this weekend to see everyone. It looks like you guys had a good time. Hope to see you this weekend.
Post a Comment