Thursday, September 4, 2008

Missionaries

Last night we had the opportunity to feed the missionaries who are serving in our area. It was such a treat! We have done this before but it's been a few years ago. It's so fun for the kids to have this opportunity to talk to the missionaries and experience the wonderful spirit that comes with having missionaries in your home. These 2 missionaries were both from Brazil! They are Elder Del Silva and Elder Diz Diz. Also pictured is Jonathan Hale - a priest in our ward, who we love! He picked the missionaries up and went to teach a lesson with them after dinner.

6 comments:

The Boulter Family said...

Cool two missionaries that are from Brazil! Did they speak any Portuguese for you? Are they here on an English mission? I know there is a Portuguese ward; I wonder if they ever are in that ward. That is neat you had the missionaries over for dinner. I did that all the time in Cali. They were always passing around clip boards in Relief Society to sign up to feed the missionaries. Sense I have been here they don’t seem to do that in our ward. I will have to ask about it. Heaven knows I seem to cook for a small army, more people around to feed the better!

andrea said...

Those missionaries look very happy....must've been a good meal! I don't think we've even had a sign up go around our ward, and I've never heard of an opportunity....I've always wanted to have them over though...but knowing my kids, they'd pester them so much the poor elders wouldn't be able to eat! Maybe it's a good thing... ;)

Barb Elder said...

I love missionaries! How fun. It has been a long time for us having the missionaries at our house. I hope they send a sign up sheet soon.

Lula. said...

I think Maddie and Jonathan should date, of course when she is old enough. (I have a theory that Maddie secretly does too. Shh, don't tell her I said that ;)

Suey said...

While they were talking in church the other day, we decided that one of them looked like David Archuleta. Were we way off, or did that ever cross your mind? (Then again, maybe you haven't studied David A much like we have at this house!)

Hacking it up said...

We get to feed the missionaries all of the time...it's always fun to have them over--I just love missionaries! They are so awesome!....last week they asked if they could come for lunch instead of dinner because of an appointment conflict...then they asked if I would make them a big ol' breakfast...so, I did. We had Crepes, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage banana bread and chocolate milk...I've made breakfast for dinner before, but never for lunch (it was 1:oo)...that was a first!...but it was fun!