Friday, September 5, 2008

A "Wee" Bit of a Problem

Today at 2:00 I got a call from Emmie at the school. This was our conversation...

Me: "Hello?"
Emmie: "Mom?"
Me: "Yeah..."
Emmie: "Mom, I accidentally wet my pants during my spelling test. Can you bring me some new clothes?"

OK - I'm the mother of 3 girls and after she said this I was waiting for the tears and hysteria but they didn't come! I told her to wait for me in the office and I'd be right there. When I got to the school, she was waiting for me with her best friend, Jill. They were having a great time together. It didn't seem to bother either of them!

I got them both and we walked back to their 1st grade class room and her teacher told me that she was giving them instructions about taking spelling tests - that they can't talk, or leave the room for anything. This is when I think Emmie decided that she needed to go to the bathroom but couldn't hold it. I have noticed this about her lately that when she has to go REALLY BAD - she can't hold it in. I guess I'll have to teach her the "keggle" exercise.

The good news...she got a 100% on the spelling test - the first one she's ever taken!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

At the rate my Maddie is going, this may be my situation when she starts school. I would be devastated if it were me! That's crazy it didn't even phase her. You'll have to remind her of that when she gets older.

hknight said...

Okay so in fifth grade we were giving oral book reports, and the teacher wouldn't let me go potty before my turn, and I had to go really bad. So while I was giving my report in front of the class I just kept dancing, until finally I could no longer hold it! I ran out of the room crying! The kids picked on me, they would sing... "Do the Heather psss psss" The boys in the class teased me for years, It was deffinitly my most embarassing moment! In fact I bet Dustin remembers it! Unortunately everyone does! After that, the teacher always had the entire class have a bathroom break before we did our reports! He felt really bad! Luckily I'm all grown up now and it doesn't bother me anymore, it's just a fun story!

Good for Emmie for not letting it bother her! What a brave girly!

Suzy said...

I love that both you and Cindy posted about "wee" problems like on the same day! I totally understand her. I wet my pants in the 2nd grade at recess because I was playing and then fell and had to go. Luckily I had a coat to cover it up until my Mom came, but unlike Emmie it really embarassed me!