Tuesday, September 9, 2008

What are "Wee" Going to do?


Well - it happened AGAIN today. I got a call at 1:00 from Emmie's teacher and she had had another accident. Oh boy! I met her in the office with some dry clothes. This time, her face was pretty red and she'd been crying :(

We got her all changed and then I asked her, "Didn't you go to the bathroom after lunch?" She said she had tried but didn't know where the bathrooms were! I walked her over by the cafeteria and showed her that they were just across the hall. Then I told her that even if she forgets to go at lunch, to tell the teacher and she'd let her go anytime she needed to. That seemed to make her feel better. I walked her to library where her class was and she went in to check out a new reading book.

I hope this is the last time this happens. So sad!

Each of my kids have been so different with 1st grade (or a little older)...

Maddie would call me if no one would play with her at recess (the opposite of her problems now!)
Talbie called me all the time with headaches (which she still suffers from but has learned to live through them.)
Bronson called (and still tries to) with a stomach ache.
...and now Emmie and her weak bladder problem.

3 comments:

The Boulter Family said...

Darn it! That is so upsetting. You are such a kind and darling mother. I am sure that it won’t happen again sense you went to show her where the bathroom is and to help her feel comfortable with letting the teacher know when she needs to go.

andrea said...

Shoot! Poor thing. I hope you showing her where the bathrooms are and such helps too. I've been waiting for this to happen with my 1st grader. She'll wait and wait until it's too late sometimes, basically because she's just too involved with other stuff. It happened once in Kindergarten, and I've been worried about it happening this year since she's gone all day....fingers crossed that it won't happen....and more fingers crossed that Emmie won't have it happen again!

nalani said...

You should ask Jed about his first day of kindergarten when he wore his new belt--you know that kind that slides open---anyway, his mom had practiced with him getting it undone. Well, the practice obviously didn't work because when it came time to get it undone he couldn't get it undone and he was to mortified to ask the teacher for help so he wet his pants ......more than once that day!