Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Dear Little Molly!

On Saturday Dave and I had the wonderful opportunity to go to the temple and see our dearest friends in the world - sealed to their little girl! They waited years and years for Molly to come to their house and they were able to adopt her when she was born. You have to wait a very long 6 months to make everything final before you can have the sealing. She is such a blessing. Not only to her parents, but to everyone she flashes that big smile to. I just love her!!

I can't remember when I was so moved by the Spirit as I was that day. When her parents walked into the sealing room I was overcome by emotions. When they brought Molly in, I lost it. Dave and I feel honored to have been a witness to such a wonderful event.

I made this little pillow for her but I didn't want to post it until I had given it to her mom. I didn't want to spoil the surprise.


Britt - this is what it looked like when it was done and I had spelled her name wrong. You have the version when I tried to make the "i" in Jacquelyne - a "y" :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

adorable! Great work Kellie!

Pat said...

Kellie, you make the most wonderful friend and daughter. You are always thinking of others. I am so proud of you I am popping the buttons off my shirt. It is either that or I am gaining weight. I pretty sure it is the first. You are a wonderful example to your family and your friends. I love you so much. I know I am not very good at saying that to your face. I guess it is in my genetic pool.

Jen and Kent said...

What a wonderful experience and what an adorable pillow!

Carrie said...

WOW that would be such a great thing to experience. I love the darling pillow. Pink and brown together....yum!

Barb Elder said...

I agree with your mom. You make a wonderful friend. Love the pillow. I am also grateful for the sealing power and adoption. What a great blessing. I remember going to a very special sealing and how Powerful the Spirit is in the Temple. Thanks for sharing.

Cindy said...

What a cute pillow. How nice of you! I bet that was a special day for everyone.

Hacking it up said...

Cute pillow!!! It is such a neat experience to watch two people who want a baby so badly, finally get to be sealed!! My brother Clayton and his wife adopted Adam over a year ago now, he's such a cutie...that first 6 months of waiting for everything to be finalized is so nerve wracking!! Congrats to them!!!