We have lived in our house for 12 years and every spring I think about planting grapes and every year passes by and I haven't done it yet! I could kick myself!!! Next spring I'm committed to do it.
Our wonderful neighbor gave us these grapes this year and I made grape juice yesterday. It's the easiest thing in the world to can and canning always makes me feel like a little squirrel - gathering nuts for the winter.

7 comments:
WOW, that looks awesome!!! Yumm-o I think that is so great that you continue to carry that tradition on, hopefully your girls will enjoy doing things like that and show their children and so on and so on.
Your grape juice looks so good. I highly encourage you to plant your own grape vines next spring. You will never be sorry. Get over the regret from past years and just DO IT!!! Thanks for being such a great and willing walking partner.
Kellie I just got chills up and down my spine. This brought backm such memories, you will never know how much I loved it. I love that you are still using my juicer. I am so proud of you and your canning desire. If I was youngerand maybe still when I am old might take up canning again. I loved it so much and I have such wonderful memories of providing for my family for the next year. Way to go Idaho.
Thank you so much Kellie for sharing your wonderful grape juice. That was so thoughtful and I am way excited to try it. It would go wonderful with a Sunday dinner no doubt. I will help you plant grapes in the spring if you would like. After all it is my blood. That is what my ancestors in Croatia grew! lol
It was fun having Emmie over. I hope we can do that more often. I always think of Ben, but he lives clear across town and it is more of a hassle. So if you ever need to me to watch Emmie we would love that. Charlie is still talking about playing with Emmie! She is great with him; a wonderful little mother!
Yummy,mymom used to make us home made grape juice too!
Yum!
My mom used to can grape juice too! It is so yummy! My favorite was when she would mix sprite with it for dinner!
Post a Comment