Tuesday, December 9, 2008

It's Sad When...

You were young and thought you were so cool. That you were so in style and that everything you wore was top of the line! That's how I USED to feel before I got teenage daughters who thought they needed to have certain jeans and certain clothes. That's when I (the "USED TO BE" cool and stylish one) had to start buying my clothes at Target and Walmart! I can't afford for us all to be in style!

I have saved a few things from my "glory days" of the late 80's and early 90's. One of my "pride and joys" is a Christmas sweater that I paid a small fortune for - (* the real story is that my friend, Jill and I went shopping together for our Christmas presents to give each other. We both found what we liked and bought it!)


**Dave and I when we were first married - 1991**

I have saved the sweater and now Maddie wears it whenever she goes to an "Ugly Sweater Dance".

HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?


**Katie, Danielle, Maddie**

6 comments:

Molly said...

Oh my heck Kellie, that is so funny!

The BC Fam said...

love it, i need to host an ugly sweater party, they look fun!

Snarr mama said...

So Hilarious! I have a few sweaters like that :)

Leslie said...

We love to see the all of your older pictures. I didn't ever keep anything from my younger years. Sadie isn't going to have anything to wear to her dances etc. except for my current clothes. Pretty sad.

Unknown said...

So I guess if we ever have an ugly sweater party I could call? haha jk

The Ellington's said...

That is seriously so funny!