
I had read about this on the Church's website and a friend of mine reminded me of it on her blog (thanks Julie!).
The General Young Women's Presidency has said, "The attribute and value of Virtue has been added to the Young Women theme. Virtue is a pattern of thought and behavior based on high moral standards. It encompasses chastity and moral purity."
In the coming months, they will have the new theme out and the new Value - Virtue in the Personal Progress books. The color for virtue will be gold!
What a fantastic idea this is and so appropriate!
And...I wonder if this means that Maddie - who has been told since she was 12 that she won't be getting her driver's license until her Personal Progress is complete (and her 16th birthday is in 29 days!) - if she will need to complete everything for this value too! Who's going to break the news to her??? Actually, she reads this blog and will find out soon enough!
You can read all about it at this link...http://www.lds.org/pa/display/0,17802,8449,00.html

2 comments:
So is the theme they recite changing again too?! Ugh! I still can't get it right since they added the "home and family" part in since I was a young woman! Oh, and I think Maddie can rest easy. They switched the PP program when I was a Laurel about to get my YW award, but they didn't make us change....I think the just transitioned the beehives to the new one, and let all the rest of us stick with the old. So I think Maddie is safe...unless her parents want her to do it! ;)
Good idea about the drivers license thing...we do that at our house too. I think we are going to have a very busy 15 year old here soon, or we won't have a driver in a year when she's 16 (which I would be perfectly fine with!)
Carlie is in the same boat with the driver's license but she has until April. I am glad you are a mean mom like me I can't wait to tell Carlie that Maddie need her Personal Progress done before her driver's license. Thanks Kellie.
Post a Comment