Thursday, December 25, 2008

The Surprise...

Most of you guessed it! The surprise that I was so excited about was tickets to "WICKED!" I wanted to get tickets so badly for Talbie because she has been obsessed with this musical for a couple of years. She has my old playbills, watches a horribly recorded version of it that Brittany got a few years go, and listens to the CD daily! She even wants to name her kids "Kristen" and "Edina" (The original actors to play "Glenda" and "Elphaba")

I knew it was coming to Salt Lake and have been waiting for months for tickets to go on sale. A couple of days before they went on sale, it was being advertised like crazy and I was starting to panic that we wouldn't be able to get her tickets!

Well, the day they went on sale, Dave and I both tried and tried but it sold out in a matter of hours. I was sick! So, I decided to do what any kid would do...I called my dad!

He knows a ticket broker and he called him. He got me 2 tickets on the upper level - FRONT ROW! He had to pay a "pretty penny" for them (and I'm going to help pay - for some :) Now I'm just as excited as Talbie because I get to see it again with such great seats!!

Thanks dad! More Christmas pictures to come later. My parents are spending Christmas in Texas with my brother's family so I wanted them to see the reaction. Here it is...

3 comments:

Archuletas said...

That is totally WICKED - I mean awesome.

andrea said...

After I thought about it, and saw your clue in the comments, I thought it had something to do with Wicked! Lucky girls. I tried to get tickets as well with no luck Oh well! I hope you and Talbie enjoy it! She deserves to go if she is that into it!

bulkleybunch said...

that is so great! you're such a wonderful mama with such wonderful parents! merry christmas season! :)