Monday, December 22, 2008

A Tale of a Santa Claus~

As you know, Dave got a Santa suit for his Halloween costume this year. It's a great suit - with a pathetic beard. The main purpose of getting the costume was to use it to go surprise Dallin at Christmas time. Last night was the night so, after duct taping the beard to his face, we headed over to Brittany's house.
Dallin was so surprised and excited to have Santa come to his house. Brock and Logan were good sports, even though they knew it was Dave!
Dallin gave Santa one last hug before he left...

And as Santa was leaving he said, "Merry Christmas, Ho, Ho, HHHHHOOOOO" and fell down the steps out the front door!

Then he hobbled away as we all tried not to pee our pants with laughter!! Thanks Santa for making it fun for all of us :)


8 comments:

Jared Heal said...

I am still laughing so hard about that. Dallin keeps saying mommy Santa fell. He was so worried about him. Thanks Dave for making one of the best Christmas memories for me.

Archuletas said...

That was so FUNNY!!! Made me laugh just reading about it. Poor Dave, I hope he is Okay.

Barb Elder said...

So funny. I love it. I sure I would of wet my pants. A Christmas to remember.

Kali and Cody said...

Way to go "Grace"... I mean Dave.. He He I hope that you are ok. That was a cool thing to do for Dallin. Thanks for your help on Saturday. I am in love with the 2009 Tahoes. Oh well. I can dream

The Boulter Family said...

When Grandpa and Grandma lived in New Mexico we all were there for Christmas one year. Either Dave or Kevin dressed up as Santa and jumped off the roof and came to the front door! I remember being so excited! Christmas is so magical when you are a small child! I still believe in Santa!
That was sweet of Dave to do that. Charlie is affraid of Santa and does not want him to come to the house. I hope next year it won't be as frightening for him.

andrea said...

That is so sad, and so stinking funny! I feel bad laughing....but I can't help it. I kept waiting for the part where the beard fell off and all of poor Dallin's childhood dreams were dashed....see, it could have been worse!

Hope Santa is doing okay....he is getting pretty elderly. I'm glad he didn't break a hip.

Aloha said...

I read this early this morning and I am still laughing..... Sorry Dave. It is so what would happn to us at our house. Most of our kids have a "middle" name of Grace..Does that fit here too?

Fleming Family said...

I started laughing so hard I couldn't read the whole commentary...Will's response, "You are so rude, dear." I felt much better when I finished reading about how you were all trying not to pee yourselves. I'm glad Dave is ok (right?), and how thoughtful to do that for Dallin, maybe next year he should put some grips on the bottom of his boots. :) Merry Christmas!!!!