Monday, March 23, 2009

"Butch Cassidy" and more about Bronson...

My kids are "on" to my blogging and either like the attention or hate it. I will either hear "Mom - you better not be putting that on your blog!" or "Mom, did you blog that? Are you going to?"

This is usually the case with Maddie and Talbie and I didn't even think Bronson knew the blog existed until this weekend...

As you know, the Twilight movie came out on Saturday. Talbie got her copy with Dave on Friday night but Bronson kept asking when he could go buy one. I told him he didn't need to get one and that I paid for Talbie's DVD and so the entire family could watch it. Then the truth came out. He wanted to buy it for his girlfriend at school. Then he said, "Do you think that would be an appropriate gift?" I didn't even know he knew the word "appropriate" let alone want to spend his hard earned cash on a girl!

Dave and I both told him that that we thought that was a little extravagant and why didn't he just get her something little. He said, "Well, she told me not to spend very much money on her but then she also said she wanted the Twilight DVD."

I told him he could do what he wanted so first thing Saturday morning, we went to Costco together and he bought the DVD. He came home and put a big bow on it and put it in his backpack.

I wanted to get a picture of him holding the movie but he was on to me and said, "NO! You'll put it on your blog!"

I think it might be love because this morning when I made him breakfast he said, "OK I'll eat but then I have to brush my teeth again." WHAT??? It's like pulling teeth to get him to brush at night. Then he ate his breakfast and then spent about 10 minutes on his teeth. Then came out and said, "Mom, do you think if I use hairspray on my hair today it would look better?"

I'm at a loss.

Oh, and the above picture is his poster on "Butch Cassidy." The 4th graders are having a Wax Museum and they have to pick a famous Utahan to be. He will dress up like him this week for the program. More on that later...

3 comments:

Barb Elder said...

That is so funny. What a cute kid.

The BC Fam said...

ohh boy, a male maddie :)

Fleming Family said...

Oh my goodness...scary! At least something is helping him in the tooth brushing department. :) Good luck with this situation!