Many of you know that Brittany had some complications after Boston was born and she hasn't regained the feeling in the lower half of her left leg. They didn't know if this was a complication of the epideral or what so they did tests and this morning she had an MRI done. They ruled out a lot of things they thought it could be but after all the testing they said it is mostly likely a pinched or damaged sciatic nerve. They don't know if this happened when the baby was born or if it's because she laid on her side for so long and the nerve was pinched but she didn't know it because of the epideral.
They don't know a whole lot about this because it doesn't happen very often. The studies they did find say that when this happens, the feeling usually comes back within 6 weeks to 3-4 months. We're hoping this is the case and this is not a permanent situation. She can't stand on her leg at all or put any weight on it so that makes it VERY hard for her to get around.
Please remember Brittany in your prayers and I think through our faith and prayers, this situation can be shortened and she can get back to normal soon!
Hang in there Brittany and consider me your full time nurse and slave :)
Our Family History
-
The David Knowles Family
(Dave, Kellie, Maddie (Logan), Talbie, Bronson, and Emmie)
Here is our most family history for the Christensen Family reunion...
12 years ago

9 comments:
i was just calling michelle to see if she had any updates on brit when i read your blog. we'll definitely keep brittany in our prayers! boston sure is a cute little guy--we got to see him last night.
oh no...i had no idea there were complications. She and her family will definetly be in my prayers. Send my love and Congratulations when you talk to her.
We will definitly keep everyone in our prayers. That is terrible and I hope all turns out. We need to get out on a date again and use Talbie. Cade goes to school 6 days a week so it's been a while for us.
That is the weirdest thing I've ever heard. I had no idea that could happen. How AWFUL. I'll keep her in my prayers for it to resolve quickly.
Oh wow I had no Idea! Tell her to hang in there and you are right with prayers and faith it will get better soon!
Will you tell her that I would love to help out? If Dallin ever wants to play I can come get him. Max would love it! When our older boys are here the older ones might enjoy it as well. Whatever she needs! I can also clean bathrooms!
Thank you for letting us all know. She'll definitely be in my prayers as will everyone else involved with helping out.
I can't even imagine. Poor girl!
But what a wonderful sister you are!
kellie, brittany is so dang lucky to have you. she told me how wonderful you've been. i'm sure you're a lot of the reason she's still surviving. if you need a break from all those crazy boys, please please call me! my kids would love to have playdates with them! you are amazing, hang in there!
Post a Comment