Monday, May 4, 2009

Mother's Day Ideas

I made these cute hand prints for Brittany for Mother's Day. They turned out so cute because her kids have the perfect hand shapes right now with their ages. Brock's hand (who is 10) is actually quite a bit bigger than my hand. I liked them so much I gave them to her early. That's why I can post them and not spoil anything!

8 comments:

atkernsfam said...

How did you make these. Did you trace the hand and then stitch over it? Cute idea. That would be fun to do for all the grandkids to give to grandma!

Snarr mama said...

Those are SO cute, good job!!

Julie (ASmAcc) said...

Great idea! Are those wood hoops covered in ribbon..or something much cooler? I'd really love to do that too.

Kellie said...

Hey guys - to answer your questions, I just traced their hands on paper and then cut them out and traced them again on the fabric and stitched them. For these I used the batting material "warm and natural". They are just cheap wooden hoops that I painted black and hot glued a black ribbon on the back. Tia and Julie - your kids are the perfect ages too with cute hand prints of all sizes. My kids all have hands the size of mine or bigger - not as cute! Good luck!!

bulkleybunch said...

sister of the year award!!!! you are so thoughtful and i love that idea. i'm too lazy to craft of any kind! i'm impressed. happy mother's day to you!

robandsasha said...

can i copy your idea?! those are absolutely adorable! great job! you SO are sister of the year! you two aer so lucky you have eachother!

Hacking it up said...

those are so cute! You are such a nice and thoughtful sister! :)

Lula. said...

cute cute cute. just a heads up, i will probably copy you. thanks for the idea you crafty lady you!