Friday, May 29, 2009

"Who's Calling?"

Today the kids will go to school for and hour and a half and they our summer break will officially begin! They have all gotten their yearbooks and had everyone sign them. It's been the highlight of Maddie and Talbie's year. I love our elementary school because they also do yearbooks and it's so fun for the kids to have to look back at year after year.

Emmie caught the bug of having everyone she knows sign her yearbook. When you're in the first grade, that consists of just signing your name and phone number.

Yesterday I got 2 calls on my cell phone - from boys asking for Emmie.

I asked Emmie, "Emmie, what number did you put when you were signing yearbooks?" She said, "801-362-XXXX" I about died! I said, "Emmie - that's my cell phone number!" She then said, "Yeah, because I can never remember the other one!"

It's going to be a long summer of calls from 1st graders :)

4 comments:

Snarr mama said...

That's HILARIOUS!!! Should be an interesting few weeks answering your cell phone. ;)

atkernsfam said...

Well I guess if she needs to remember a number, the cell phone is best for emergencies because you will always have it with you. But that's funny that she's already getting calls from boys.

Holly Belnap said...

Josh and I thought that was hilarious! We couldn't believe that she already getting call from boys!

Lula. said...

haha! so funny. and i love that you already got calls from BOYS! too cute.