Friday, June 26, 2009

RIP Michael Jackson

I remember the day I bought the "Thriller" album. I was in Jr. High. My body just naturally starts to move when I hear a Michael Jackson song - you can't help it!

Bronson discovered Michael's songs last year in school. His teacher would let them listen to music sometimes and Michael Jackson was a favorite! This past year he's put most of his songs on his ipod and for 2 months now he has wanted to buy a "Beat It" jacket from ebay. I have been fighting him on this because really, what would he do with it? He finally realized that if he was going to get one, he'd have to earn the money himself.

Well, he's been doing a lot of babysitting next door and has earned the money. It was just yesterday when I finally had him convinced that there may be a better way for him to spend his $100 and if he waited until October and he still really thought he "needed" it - then maybe he could use it for Halloween.

Maddie was the first to tell us the news yesterday that he had died. Talbie said, "Oh no! Who's going to tell Bronson?" He took the news like a man :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So did he buy it? He's going to need more than 100.00 now if its still up for auction, and if he did get it then its going to be worth a lot more (so great investment!) I think its sad he's gone...what an incredible singer/preformer!