Friday, August 14, 2009

Blast from the Past

When I was in high school, if I wanted to listen to music I had to go buy an album, 45 record, or a cassette tape. I had a "sweet" stereo system and it took a section of my bedroom (stereo and speakers). I love how technology has evolved and the convience of and ipod and ihome. It doesn't get any better.

Well, those of you that know Maddie, know that she has an obsession with the 80's. She dresses 80's (most of the time) and has taken all the clothes that I did save and she wears them all the time!

Maddie and her friend were school clothes shopping in Salt Lake and they found a store that was selling albums. These albums were current bands and music - just made on an album. She bought one and brought it home - so excited. Even though she had these songs on her ipod already!


Well, she was desperate to play her album but of course, didn't know what to do. I'm not a "pack rat" and I get rid of things when I don't need them anymore. Luckily my parents are not that way and she went over there and was able to get my old stereo (actually I think it was my brother, Cody's but they were the same). She came home and got it set up...
I dug out my old 45 records that I have saved and she's been playing them over and over.
(The big poster in her room hung in my room for years too when I danced)
It is the strangest feeling to have a daughter, the exact age you were, love the same music, clothes, jewlery, and everything. It blows my mind! I thought parents and kids were supposed to argue over the music they wanted to listen to and the things they wanted to wear.

1 comment:

Pat said...

I am so glad that we saved it.