Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Klondike 2011

This weekend Dave and Bronson went on the Klondike
with their scout troop. They had a great time but I'm mad at Dave
because he didn't get a single picture of he and Bronson together!
Oh well!


Warming up with hot chocolate

Tying knots (I think)

Riding in the sled


Bronson and Brock practicing their fire building
Their troop won 1st place in fire building and won
a new solar lantern!


They had a great time! Dave was good to go with Bronson on his first
Klondike. Dave wasn't feeling well when they left and he came home on
Saturday afternoon really sick. By Sunday he couldn't even get out of bed and
by Sunday night he got up for a minute to visit with his sister, Sandy and he
passed out cold! We couldn't get him up and after laying on the kitchen floor for
a minute or two, we called an ambulance!

I'm so glad Sandy was there. She checked his vitals as the paramedics got there
and went with us to the hospital.

Long story short, he has a kidney stone and diverticulitis. He's home recovering
but he's been a pretty sick boy!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I saw the ambulance on Sunday night but we couldn't figure out which house it had gone to, so we prayed for "the family who called the ambulance". We were pretty worried, so it's good to know who it was and that all is well!

Amy said...

First of all,I'm impressed that Dave took all those pictures! Second of all, what a sport to stay up there as sick as can be! I'm glad that he's doing O.K.

Fleming Family said...

Wow, that had to be a little nerve racking! So glad he didn't get that severe while still at the Klondike!