Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Update on Dave

I posted earlier about Dave's exciting trip to the ER a week ago Sunday and how we had to call an ambulance to get him to the hospital because he was so sick. Well, I'm thankful for good friends and neighbors who were there just as fast as the paramedics - and for our good Bishop who was there before the ambulance left for the hospital and who was able to drive me to the hospital.

Dave was diagnosed with diverticulitis and had a kidney stone. He was extremely sick and the Bishop and Jared (my brother in law) were able to be there as he was admitted and give him a blessing.

I won't go into detail too much about the blessing because of how public my blog is, but I will say that one thing that stuck out and I really remember (as with many other things) is that he was promised that his problem would be pronounced so they would be able to pinpoint what was wrong, and treat it.

That's a blessing as you all know because there is nothing worse than going to the hospital and doctor, knowing you are very sick, but they can't find anything wrong with you. Within 2 hours of being at the hospital, they were able to complete a million tests and find the accurate diagnosis for Dave - and how to treat it.

Yesterday Dave went to his regular doctor and after lab work was done, there is no sign of his kidney stone, or diverticulitis. He has gotten 100% better and is back to normal. He passed his kidney stone, without really even knowing it. He's had kidney stones before and he knows what a blessing this is.

I'm thankful for our Church leaders and the power of the priesthood in my life and the lives of my family!

6 comments:

atkernsfam said...

Amen to that. I'm glad he's doing better!

Heidi said...

So good to hear!

Jill Heaps said...

Miracles are all around us! Thanks for sharing and I am so grateful that Dave is feeling better!! What a blessing to you all!

Amy said...

So glad that he's better and got well so fast! I had been wondering.

Shea said...

Awesome! What a wonderful blessing the priesthood is. So glad he's doing better.

Hacking it up said...

AMEN!! Kidney stones suck!!--so does diverticulitis!! Poor guy--glad he's doing better!!