Monday, January 23, 2012

Happy 19th Birthday Maddie!


 Maddie turned 19 on January 17th!
I have been horrible at blogging lately and that's really not like me.

 We had a little family party last night so everyone could come over
and wish her a Happy Birthday!

 Emmie was our photographer for most of the night
so we have a lot of pictures with heads cut off...


 Boston in a Barney shirt that used to be Maddie's - about 18 years ago :)
 Megan, Maddie, and Abi

 Logan drove down from Logan (Utah) to help Maddie celebrate
 Dave and Marianne Heaps - soon to be leaving on their mission
to China!  They were called to be Public Relation Missionaries and will be leaving in a month or so.
 Abi and Abe
 Brock, Boston, Dave, and Grandma

We had a great time celebrating Maddie's birthday
Here are 19 things I love about Maddie...

1.  Her smile.  She's beautiful, especially when she smiles.
2.  Her ability to be a good friend to everyone.
3.  Her close relationship with her Grandpa.  She has him wrapped around her finger!
4.  She's a neat freak like her mom (when she wants to be!) and knows how to clean.
5.  She's a great big sister.
6.  All the free hair cuts and colors we are getting from her hair school experience.
7.  Her love of music - especially 80's music.  We are kindred spirits.
8.  Her testimony...it's strong and unwavering!
9.  I love that she considers me a best friend.
10.  I love that she tells me everything - the good and the bad.
11.  She has high standards.
12.  I love that she and Talbie are becoming such good friends.
13.  She's a faithful journal writer.
14.  She's a hard worker
15.  She's a good cook
16.  She sets high goals.
17.  She listens to her parents advice - without too much complaint.
18.  She chooses the right.
19.  She's a joy to our family

2 comments:

atkernsfam said...

Happy Birthday Maddie

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! I love the one of Boston and Barney--ha! Happy Birthday, Maddie!