Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Birthday Emmie and Valentine's Day

My baby was born on Valentine's Day and yesterday she turned 10!
Emmie is such a joy to our family. We wouldn't be complete without her.
Here is one of my favorite pictures of her when she was 5


 Another all time favorite...
We started the birthday/Valentine's day by giving the kids their
Valentine gifts before school.
I love this tradition.  My dad always gave me a box of chocolates for Valentine's day
and it always made my day.  If I didn't get a gift from a boyfriend it didn't matter
because my dad never forgot me ;)
Bronson re-gifted his box of chocolates this year and gave them to a girl he likes!
 I decorated Emmie's door before she woke up.
I know it may be hard sharing your day with everyone else
 We opened gifts before school - at the crack of dawn.  Bronson and Talbie leave 
for school just after 7:00...

 Yes, Maddie dyed her hair red!  We'll see how long she keeps it.
That's what happens when you're in hair school I guess.
 Emmie got a Barbie from Maddie
 A tea set for her American Girl dolls from Talbie
 And a homemade catapult from Bronson :)
 I don't have a picture of her main gift for some reason...
Dave and I gave her a cell phone!
I know many of you may think we're crazy but we don't have a home phone because
it never gets used and we'd rather put that money towards our monthly cell phone bill.
With 3 teenagers and Dave and I having phones, if no one is home with Emmie, it leaves her home a lot of times without a way of getting a hold of anyone.  So she got her own phone :)

Then later in the day I got the surprise of my life when Dave had a gift basket
delivered to my work.  I have a strict policy that I don't like flowers sent to me
because I'm a miser and I feel like it's a waste of money.
This was filled with yummy chocolates so it was ok.
Also something pretty embarrassing that everyone at work got a great kick out of!
I won't put it here but email me if you want details :)
 To end our day, our young women's group did a "heart attack" on our Bishop's office door.
It was a great day!
 Emmie's class Valentine's box...

1 comment:

Amy said...

Happy birthday, Emmie! She shares a birthday with my brother, Adam. It's probably a lot cooler to be a Valentine's baby when you're a girl!:)