It has been a long couple of weeks for Dave.
Just about 2 weeks ago he fell off a ladder, pinching his foot in the ladder
and then landing on the ladder when he hit the ground.
He broke his foot in 2 places and he had major surgery last Friday
to repair the damage. When they got in do the surgery, the could see how badly it was
broken. The surgeon said that some of the bone was nothing but dust when he go in there so they
had to take a bone graft from his heel to repair the break and help it heal.
He is in a hard cast for 2 weeks and is confined to bed or a couch for the first week
to keep it elevated. In 2 weeks they will take that pin out that is hanging outside his foot
and put on a "boot" but he can't put any weight on the foot for 6 weeks!
The kids are having fun defacing his cast!





3 comments:
Yikes! That looks so incredibly painful! I hope he recovers QUICKLY!!!
Oh my goodness - six weeks is such a long time for ALL of you! How miserable. I hope everything goes as well as possible!
Oh man I am sorry. I hope the next six weeks goes by quickly for his sake. i am sure that has got to be hard for him to being laying around.
Post a Comment