Our sweet Emmaline is 11 years old today!
We love her so much! She is growing into a beautiful young woman!!
Even though she's 11, she's not too old for birthday streamers
on her door ;)
For Valentine's Day I made heart shaped pancakes for breakfast
and gave everyone a little Valentine.
Emmie's Activity Day leaders made her this darling pillow.
Thanks Sister Vance and Sister Kunz!
2 days ago, I helped her celebrate her birthday with grandma and grandpa Christensen
by going to The Pizza Factory - her favorite restaurant.
Last night for dinner, we had heart shaped pizzas!
Emmie and her Valentine box from today.
Our biggest celebration was hearing that Lindsey Bingham was getting her new heart today! The Bingham's are a family from Baker, Oregon. Dave has known Jason (the dad), since he was a kid.
The Bingham's have 5 children, who all share the same genetic heart defect. 6 years ago
their oldest daughter, Sierra, had a heart transplant and has been doing pretty well ever since.
Lindsey, the 3rd in the family, has been in the hospital in California since July, waiting for her day to come, when a heart would be a perfect match for her.
That day was today! I have been an emotional wreck all day - crying or on the verge of tears.
We have been praying and fasting for their family for a long time. Emmie has been very concerned over Lindsey - probably because they are close to the same age and Emmie knows what it's like to be in the hospital. Emmie couldn't have asked for a better birthday present today!
If you want to follow the Bingham family - you can read their blog. The link is at the side of my blog - with all of the other blogs I follow.
Pray for them!!
Dave gave me these 2 beautiful rings for Valentine's Day ;)
I never wear my real wedding ring because I'm always afraid something will happen to it. I only wear it for special occasions. I like to have a variety of other rings I can wear on my ring finger. These are now 2 of my favorites!!








1 comment:
Happy birthday, Emmie!! Love that girl!!!
Post a Comment