Saturday, February 8, 2014

Sweethearts Dance

This weekend is the Sweethearts Dance at OHS.
Talbie was asked by the cutest boy.

 He called me earlier in the day and asked if he could come
over sometime that night and fill her room with balloons.
I had Talbie leave and they came and dumped a ton of balloons in her room
He even made this darling heart decoration out of balloons.
Notice the cute rose made from balloons too...
He came with his mom and sisters (which I thought was so great!)

Talbie was so surprised.  The note on the heart says that she
has to pop the balloons to see who is asking her.

He put the letters of his name in balloons to spell out SEBASTIAN
(he left a picture of Sebastian from The Little Mermaid
that I could give her if she couldn't unscramble the letters to spell his name.  
She didn't need the help though.)


Talbie answered him back with a big 2 liter bottle of Sprite and said
"I'd be 'soda' lighted (delighted) to go to Sweethearts with you."

Last night they went on their "day date."
It was nice they went the night before the dance.  It makes for not such a long day :)
They went to Midway with a group of friends to the ice caves.




The theme of Sweethearts was "The Hunger Games"
 I think it's weird they have a theme for Sweethearts.  
You would think it would be a semi-formal type of dance.
Instead, this is what they looked like when they left tonight...








Hope they are having a great time!

2 comments:

Amy said...

That is so funny! Yes, I was totally expecting to see Talbie in a formal!:) I love that you put how people ask and how they answer to dances on your blog - it's giving us some really good ideas:)

Leslie said...

There are so many fun ways for the kids to ask their dates to dances now. It will be interesting to see how it all works when our kids are old enough (not that I want that to happen)