Monday, March 10, 2014

Maddie and Logan Get Married!

For those of you that haven't heard,
Maddie and Logan got married on Saturday, March 8th
in Vegas!  It was a great day and are so happy for them.

Here's the story...

Maddie and Logan met when they were 16 and juniors in high school.
It was love at first sight!
 Over the past 5 years they have had their ups and downs,
break ups and make ups,
and have always ended up back together.  They have always been so
in love and perfect for each other!

 They got engaged on Maddie's 21st birthday (January 17th)
and set a wedding date for August 2nd.
I thought that was too far away and too long of an engagement.  They wanted to wait and save money so they were more prepared.  I advised them that if they wait until they could "afford" it, they would never get married because really, when can you afford it :)

We started planning her wedding, reception, catering flowers, center pieces,
flower girls, bridesmaids, groomsmen, venues, announcements, pictures,
etc, etc, etc.

All of a sudden it was becoming very stressful, especially to Maddie.
Everyone had something to say about it.  Telling her what they needed to do,
who needed to wear what, and even people telling them they shouldn't get married.

She called me on Super Bowl Sunday, after being at Logan's house
and said, "We are just going to elope!"

I told her I thought that was a great idea!  They aren't able to go to the temple right now
so I figured, why not!  This day should be about them and not about everyone else!  
They didn't want a huge production and would rather save that money, than spend it!

They invited our family, my parents, and Logan's parents to come to Vegas for the wedding.
I'm glad she did because I wouldn't have missed it.

I guess they technically didn't "elope" since we were planning in for almost 2 months.
She was trying to keep it a secret and that was the hardest part!

The other twist in this story is that our friends, the Myers', have 
connections in Vegas.  Tom is the doctor Maddie and I work for and when I told him they may be
eloping, he said, "She needs to talk to me because I have connections."

He does have connections and has a good friend that owns the wedding chapel they got married in.  He was able to get then entire thing paid for and a big upgrade to their hotel.  What a blessing for them.  Such a small world!

Here are some pictures from our adventures this weekend...


We met up with Logan's mom and her husband for lunch on Saturday
at Bahama Breeze.  It was such a delightful meal and great company!
Since we weren't having a reception, we and our own little cake cutting ceremony :)


 We got a few pictures of the wedding chapel during the day because
they got married at 8:00 at night.


 They booked a room at the Hard Rock Hotel and it was upgraded 
to a huge suite.  It was so nice!
 We met up with them after they got ready so we could take pictures.





 No Vegas wedding is complete without a picture with Elvis ;)


 Maddie's friends... Maddie, Sammy, and Jessie.  
So glad they drove clear from Utah for the wedding
 Waiting for the bride and groom




 The Lawrence side.
Kyle, Laura (Logan's mom), Lisa (Logan's sister), Maddie,
Logan, Linda (Logan's sister), Larry (Logan's dad), and Millie (Lisa's daughter :)
 Our family
 Our family, with grandma and grandpa


 Emmie and Logan :)
Logan came up to Emmie and said, "Emmie, thanks for coming."  Emmie said, "No problem.  I had to move some things around, but I made it."  She's so funny lately!
 Getting ready to leave in their limo to the hotel
It was a great day for Maddie and Logan and really the
wedding was just her style!  They left on a cruise for their honeymoon yesterday.
Can't wait to see them when they get home :)

 We stopped at Kolob Canyon on our way home.  It was beautiful!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Yahooo! Congrats to Maddie and Logan. They are a cute couple.

Jill Heaps said...

What a great example you are of celebrating Maddie and her wedding …HER WAY!! YOu guys are so great! Congratulations ;)

Amy said...

Kellie, you and Dave are such wonderful, SUPPORTIVE parents! Maddie will never be able to doubt the love that you both have for her and that is such an important thing.

Barb Elder said...

Congratulations!! Beautiful couple! So happy for you and them! It looks like it was just perfect! Love you Kellie!