Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Easter 2014

I haven't posted about Easter yet because we got the grandkids
together before an Easter party at my parents house - and took their picture.
It was a Mother's Day surprise for my mom and I didn't want to ruin it :)

We always do our Easter baskets on Saturday.
This is everyone one anxiously waiting for theirs...



 The boys always get a new tie in their basket.
I don't know why Dave is making this funny face ;)
Then we were heading over to my parent's house for our annual Easter party.

I think this picture turned out so cute of all the kids.  It's nice that they are all
older because it makes picture taking a lot easier!
 We all met at my parent's house for pizza and then we started the
annual "crazy" egg hunt.

I shouldn't call it an egg hunt because we put all the eggs in the middle of a table
and take turns picking one egg at a time.
 The littke kids ad their own little hunt before so they would
be entertained during our "heated" one :)
 This is what happens...

Everyone watches anxiously as we pick an egg, one at a time,
open it, and see what we scored!
 This is Dallin picking one from the little kid hunt.

 It can get pretty competitive and my dad has to watch the eggs carefully.
As it's your turn to pick, you can't touch any of the eggs except the one you pick.
If you touch it - you have to pick it.
 The reason it's so intense is because there is money in these eggs!
It can range from .25 cents to $50.00
 We all did pretty well :)  I got one of the $50.00 dollar bills so I was happy!

And yes, my mom's basement is decorated with her Santa collection - all year long :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

That's a pretty exciting Easter tradition!!