At the end of last year, I was called to be the cook at Girl's Camp.
We had camp the week just before the 4th of July.
I love going to camp when my girls are up there. I have been twice with
Maddie and once with Talbie. It was great being up there with Emmie this year!
I also had it made because Dave came up with our ward for the week as
a member of our bishopric and the priesthood representative.
That made my life very easy because he helped me cook and everything.
We go to girl's camp at Mia Shalom up Fairview Canyon.
Each campsite has 3 cabins. We have a smaller ward so one cabin
slept the 15 girls, one slept the 4-5 leaders that were up there, and then
Dave and I had one all to ourselves. That was a real treat!
I have enjoyed sleeping with the girls in the past, but I'm not always a fan of
staying up late and talking all night. Especially when I have to be the first one up
in the morning to start cooking.
Here are some pictures I got...
Here is our kitchen set up.
This is Emmie one morning when she was helping us.
Dave taking a minute to relax!
One afternoon we played minute-to-win-it games. This one you had to stack
6 Oreos on your forehead and walk about 20 feet. For some reason, Emmie and I were really
good at this :)
Another game was to put some pantyhose on your head with a tennis ball at the bottom
of one of the feet. You had one minute to knock down 10 water bottles (like bowling).
Another game was picking up noodles with a long skewer
Emmie and Crystal
Emmie with Bishop Smith on Bishopric night
I made capes for the girls to sign for each member of the bishopric
because they are our "super heros!"
Group Photo
Emmie had so much fun staying up with all the girls! We came home on Friday morning
July 3rd. She crashed on the couch at 4:00 pm and Dave carried her up to bed at 10:00
and she slept until 10:00 am the next day. 18 hours straight!











No comments:
Post a Comment