Friday, July 24, 2015

Kitchen Remodel - Process and Finished Product!

We finally finished our kitchen!  We actually did it pretty fast.
It only took about 2 weeks.  But 2 weeks without a kitchen is a long time!!

 The next step after we painted the cabinets was to replace the countertops.
Nobody knew this, but we used the bottom of our counter, where the bar was,
and used to write love notes on it ;)




 This was the very first one that I wrote a year after we had been in our house.
Once the kids saw that I had written on the counter - there was no stopping them.
 I was kind of sad to see all our years of notes go
but I'm much happier with the butcher block counters.  I have threatened my
kids that no one better start writing under these ;)
 Once the counters were in, we were going to start on our wood floor.
The plan was to put the new flooring right on top of the old wood floor, but then
we discovered all this water damage by our back door.  We knew there was a problem
but had no idea how bad it was until Dave started tearing it out.  The entire time Dave was remodeling
he was cursing the name of our builder because they did some pretty shoddy work 19 years ago!
 After he started tearing up the flooring by the door, he discovered that it
had rotten out the bottom of the door  We had to tear out the back door and
get a new one.  That put us a day behind schedule but I'm very happy with my new door :)
 Here's a video of the door being taken out.  It was so nice and open with it gone.
Too bad we couldn't leave it that way :)

 After the door problems was fixed, we started on the floor...


 We also added a tile back splash to the kitchen.
We were lucky because our friend, Bryce stopped by the night Dave was
doing the tile.  We were able to finish it in one day because of his help.
This was nice because it was a Saturday night (before the door fiasco)
and I was able to get my kitchen back for Sunday, which was a blessing!

So - here are pictures of the finished project!!


I love having a husband that can do anything!!!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

It looks great. I do love the counter tops. good luck with nobody writing on them.

Amy said...

Beautiful! Everything turned out so nice - how exciting!!