Sunday, April 15, 2007

Anniversary #16


April 30th will be our 16th wedding anniversary. We don't have any big plans yet but this picture got me thinking about it. I was asked to email a wedding picture to some people in our Stake for a music fireside that they are putting on the end of the month. I just finished scanning it in to my computer and emailing it when I thought I would include it in my blog. This picture brings back memories.

When Dave and I got married, he was 21 and I had just turned 22 ( he is 6 months younger and I never hear the end of it!) When we sent out our engagement pictures - we would always hear responses like, "You two look to young to get married. How old are you?" or "You look like you could be brother and sister!"

We hated those kind of comments but 16 years later they would be a welcome change. I was always accused of being younger than I really was - especially when I was around my sister who is 6 years younger. The first time I met and saw Dave he thought I was still in high school (instead of starting my 4th year of college) and that my sister was in college (who was actually in the 9th grade!!!)

Well - I have come full circle. The other night I was at the grocery store with my sister, Brittany when she ran in to 2 guys that she went to high school with. She was talking with them and meeting their wives when one of the guys turned to me and said, "Are you Brittany's mom?" I wanted to kill him. I have aged but I don't think I look 50 years old yet.

3 comments:

Lula. said...

Oh my gosh, that is a horrible story. You crack me up. If it makes you feel any better, I remember moving into the ward and thinking that you looked too young to have a 12 or 13 year old daughter. Anyway, glad to know we have more blogger friends! You should check out Jed and Nalani's blog. There is a link on ours.

nalani said...

This is so fun! I think we should all have a big blogging hug on Sunday at church! I'm sorry but that's a pretty funny story about the grocery story. I for sure would have told them where to go.

Kellie said...

Lauren and Nalani ~

I'm so excited that we're blogging friends now! It's especially fun when friends read my blogs. I know that most of my family isn't reading them yet and I've had to threaten and bribe them. I used to send out a monthly family newsletter but this is much easier - and more fun!