
Yesterday morning there was a lunar eclipse. That's one of the advantages of being up at 4:00 am getting newspapers. It was a little eerie when I first saw it. The moon looked red and smoky. By the time I got home to get Bronson, it was a lot easier to see and he was impressed by it. We were done delivering papers at about 5:30 and by then the moon was a quarter of the way back to it's original color. I guess by 6:30 am the eclipse was completely done and the moon was restored to it's full moon state.
I remember when I was in the 4th grade, there was a solar eclipse. I can remember so specifically - my parents sitting me down and making sure I knew NOT to look at the sun because I could go blind if I did. I remember that was so freaked out all day that I might look up at it and be struck blind. I think this lunar eclipse will be something Bronson will always remember because he was able to look at it, take it all in, and he wasn't scared and completely freaked out by it!

1 comment:
I have vivid memories of that too. I think I was in second grade and I remember being terrified of looking out the windows of the school. Funny!
Post a Comment