Sunday, November 4, 2007

Dustin's Concert


Hey all,

For those of you that don't know my talented brother - I'm going to brag about him. Dustin has been playing the piano (and every other instrument) by ear since he was age 3. Dustin is 10 years younger than me and I remember when he was 3, he sat down at the piano and played the theme to "M.A.S.H" completely by ear - without a single mistake. I had been taking piano lessons for about 5 years at the time and I remember that I couldn't even plunk it out without a million mistakes.

Dustin has recored 3 CD's where he has written and sang all the lyrics, and played just about every instrument. He has had music on local movies such as "Single's Ward", "R.M.", "Church Ball", and many others. He's had music on commercials, TV shows such as "Extreme Makeover, Wedding Edition", and was beat out by Rob Thomas for the theme song to "Meet the Robinson's". He's done a zillion other things too.

Anyway, Dustin is opening for the band "Boys Like Girls" in a week or so at the Dee Event Center in Ogden. Maddie is excited because he gave her 4 tickets yesterday. She's not so excited because 2 of those have to be for me and Brittany!

Way to go Dust - we're so proud of you!! You can check him out at www.jerrytown.com.
or at www.dustinonline.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Sommer said...

Sounds fun! I will try to go myself, I would love to see Dustin perform.

Hacking it up said...

Oh hey! I figured it out...OK it was the whole "type in the characters" thing that messed me up....I'm good now....Anywhooo... that is so cool about Dustin! Good for him! Has he ever come to Austin for the ACL festival? He should come!