Thursday, January 24, 2008

A Little Stressed!

Some of you may not know but Dave and I are leaving a week from tomorrow on a cruise to the Mexican Riviera. We are going with my parents, and everyone on my side of the family (except Cody and Kali who are due to have a baby at the end of February). I'm getting excited for this trip but to tell you the truth, I have been dreading it because of all the prep work that is involved in leaving the kids behind and making arrangements for 9 days.

That is what the above picture is for. On Sunday I had each of my kids write down their 3 favorite meals that I make so I could make some things ahead of time for dinners so my WONDERFUL cousin, Holly (who will be staying with the kids) won't have so much work on trying to figure out dinner for 4 picky eaters! Well - chicken rolls were top of everyone's list (only me, Bronson, and Maddie like them without the chicken!) I will post the recipe below. Today I'm making enough to feed an army (or the Knowles kids) for dinner tonight and then I'll freeze the rest for when I'm gone. I've already made a ton of broccoli cheese soup so that's 2 dinners down!

Recipe for my Chicken (or chicken-less) Rolls:

36 Rhodes Dinner rolls (or in my case today - 90!)
3 packages of cream cheese (I think they are 8 oz)
1 head of cooked broccoli - chopped very fine
1 can of chicken white meat (or use fresh if you have the time)

Place rolls out to rise at least 3-4 hours. Make filling by combining room temp. cream cheese, broccoli, and chicken (drained and cut up). Mix together well.

After the rolls have thawed and risen, take one at a time and stretch out in your hand. Place a spoonful of filling in the dough and then fold around the filling. Continue until all the rolls are filled.

Place on a cookie sheet (sprayed with cooking spray) and brushed with melted butter and sprinkle with Parmesean cheese (optional).

Bake at 375 for about 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool (if you have the patience) and dig in.

These are best the next day - straight out of the fridge!

5 comments:

Hacking it up said...

Wow.

You are a great mom!!! I would have just left a bunch of boxes of macaroni and cheese, some hot dogs, and a wad of cash for pizza...and a couple of boxes of cereal....

I'm excited for you to go on your cruise!What cruise line are you going on, and what ports are you stopping at?

The BC Fam said...

yummy! I'm going to the grocery store tomorrow for the ingredients! Luckily my mom is a better cook than me so the kid's will eat like kings while we're gone and I don't have to do anything but provide the ingredients! :)

Kellie said...

Steph - we're going to Puerto Vallarta, Mazatland, and Cabo and it's the Princess cruise line. I've never been on a cruise so it's exciting.

Caleen - you suck! Just kidding but you are spoiled to get to have your mom there the whole time. Can't wait to see you guys!

Jared Heal said...

now I'm tollay stressed. I should be doing that too. Oh well I'll just add it to my list of thing to do.

Kali and Cody said...

Ahhh.. crap I am hungry again. I am so looking forward to taking care of Zowie!!!! No backing out k? Well now that we have that all taken care off I am off to raid the fridge.
I cannot wait to see pitcures of your trip.