One of the nights on the cruise, Dave, Bret, Caleen, me, and my dad entered a "Seinfeld Trivia Contest." I had no idea we knew so much about that show but Dave's insomnia paid off (he watches it sometimes at night) and we WON! The prize were these fancy hats!
Shopping in Cabo for gifts to bring back home.
Meet the "Pop Princess Idol!" On the boat they held a contest similar to "American Idol." It was all Karoke but when we heard about it, we made my ultra talented brother, Dustin enter it. He blew the competition away and was advanced the first night to the finale. They held it two more nights to have 6 that could compete in the final show the last night of the ship.
At the final show Dustin performed "Rocket Man" by Elton John. There was no competition and he won! It was the most exciting thing that happened on the trip (in my opinion). I love watching Dustin sing and we don't get to do it very often unless it at a big venue like a concert that we have to buy tickets for!
I don't know how excited he was about it. He said, "Well, if this tour and record deal fall through, there's always working on a cruise ship :)"
After Dustin won we all went up to the dance club for an "after show party." This is my cute parents doing the gitter bug!

6 comments:
how fun!!! go dustin, that is way cool! looks like you guys had the best time ever, sooo jealous! cute pic in the life jackets!
how dare you put that up, i think i am going to have to post those embarrassing pics of you on my blog
I cannot beleivce that Dave has that thing around his neck. Is he insane?! The picture of Dustin is classic I especially like the stars in the background he really looks like he is on American Idol. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I love all the pictures!!!
Dust - At least it made you comment on my blog! Go ahead - post away. I have more where those came from :)
Great posts--you guys had some great adventures. I would have loved to have seen Dustin win the contest!
By the way, I missed you while you were gone (your blog). You're one of the few that update it almost every day. Glad your back :)
How fun! I love your pictures! It makes me want to go on a cruise right now!!! I am so jealous!
Post a Comment