Monday, February 11, 2008

Cruise - Part 1

Dave and I had the best time on the cruise. It has to be the funnest thing we have done in a long time. We'd heard about the joys of "cruising" but you just never know about something until you've tried it yourselves. We're hooked. Here are some highlights from the first day or two...


This is the view from the balcony of our room. I'm calling home to check in one last time before we set sail. The phone reception was horrible (and spendy) so we only got to call home a couple of times.


This is an idea of what the rooms are like. They were quite cozy.


Before you leave the dock on a cruise ship - they make you go through the drill of how to "abandon ship" in case of emergency. This is Brittany and I before we went to the drill. This give you a small glimpse of what we were like the entire cruise. People kept coming up to us and saying "You guys have had too much to drink." When we'd tell them we don't drink - they were shocked!

Another fine picture of Brittany - blowing the emergency whistle!



Everyone in my family (adults) came on the cruise except for my brother, Cody and his wife Kali because they are due to have a baby in a couple of weeks. It was so fun to see Bret and Caleen who live in Texas. Also on the cruise was my dad's twin brother and his kids. These are my cousins that I grew up with so we had the time of our lives.


The girls...


The boys - except my dad isn't in this picture :(


Coming soon...
Pictures of us repelling through the jungle and Karoke!!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

yay! I am so glad to see that you are back! I didn't realize how much i looked at your blog until you left for nine days! Looks like you guys had a blast!

Hacking it up said...

How fun!!! Going on a cruise is fun, but even MORE fun when you go with family!! We went on the Disney cruise with Carey and her family and my parents a couple years ago, and it was such a blast! (Yes! Even with the kids there!:)...We too showed people that you could have LOTS of fun without the booze! ;)
Lance and I went on a cruise by ourselves last year, and it was fun, but we agreed that it was definitely more fun with all the fam!

I can't wait to see your other photos!!!