Saturday, July 12, 2008

We Did It! - Bronson's Room

Bronson's room has been such a MESS! We've lived in our house for over 12 years and his is the only room that hasn't been redone/or painted in that time. And - if you knew Bronson, you'd know why. This boy LOVES to thrash things: toys, walls, furniture, you name it!

Well, I couldn't stand it any longer and we had to remodel. The first thing I did was take 90% of his toys and "stuff" to the DI. He's getting to old for most of the things in his room and the sure sign that he's too old for something, is that starts to destroy it and tear it apart.

This is his room before...
I'm VERY embarrassed to post these next pictures but you have to see them to gain an appreciation for the finished product! Double click on them to see his walls and what he had done to them.
He had a dart board up at one time (big mistake) and I don't think it was ever hit by a dart - only the walls.
You can see a small glimpse of his closet to the side of this picture. That's the only toys he has left and they are the ones he likes, and takes care of - like his Magnetix, Bionicles, etc.

We sold the top bed of his bunk bed yesterday too. I have to give a little plug to KSL Classifieds because every time I post something on there (its free) it's sold within an hour. I did that with his top bunk bed and a cute couple bought it as a toddler bed. I was excited to get rid of it and excited for them because it really had never been used.

OK - brace yourselves for the finished product. Dave and I worked so hard yesterday getting it finished...




10 comments:

Julie (ASmAcc) said...

Looks great Kellie! Bronson and Xander sound like kindred spirits. Oh, btw I've been lurking, so HI! I love your blog.
-Julie Iverson

The BC Fam said...

It looks great! Come do my boy's rooms :)

The Boulter Family said...

Wow Guys that is an amazing transformation! You could put his room in a magazine. I love the flag, did you make that Kellie?
So can I hire you guys to come re-do my bedroom? What a great team you make!

Cindy said...

It looks like a totally different room! Great job Kellie!

Barb Elder said...

Why to go. Get that house ready to sell and buy my home in your parents ward. I love that idea.

Kellie said...

Barb - I'd love that! Maybe someday :)

Sommer said...

Ahhh! So cute. I love the flag, is that a quilt. Great job guys.

Michelle said...

Great job Kellie! I need to redo several rooms in my house!!! I'm just too lazy!

hknight said...

I love it! The room looks great! It always feels SO good to get something accomplished that you've been wanting to!

The Alley Family said...

That turned out so great! Are you the next Design Star?