Thursday, August 14, 2008

Another Temple Trip and Last Minute "Supplies"


For the past 2-3 years, Dave has worked in the temple on Thursday nights. Talbie just turned 12 and got her recommend on Sunday so I took her and Maddie tonight to do baptisms because Dave is the Baptistry Coordinator right now. This was Talbie's first time and we timed it perfectly. Usually it is so busy that Dave rarely has time to sit down but we practically had the place to ourselves. After the baptisms we ate together in the cafeteria. What a wonderful experience it was to have my two girls at the temple with me. I hope a glimpse of many future trips to the temple together.

Maddie and Talbie both start school in the morning since Maddie is in the 10th grade and Talbie 7th - they each will go and have the schools to themselves so everyone can find where they need to be - without the pressure of the older grades. It's getting really exciting.

On our way home from the temple - Maddie suddenly remembered that she needed some last minute "school supplies." I really had to laugh at her because her "supplies" were so random (as you can tell from the funny picture). Especially the wart pads and "dermaplast" - the feet of a ballerina!

*She was texting and distracted as I took this picture!

4 comments:

Hacking it up said...

Love her school supplies! :)

We have a youth temple trip next Saturday, and it will be my Madi's first time... Lance usually goes to do the baptisms, so they're excited!!

Pat said...

That is so wonderful that Maddie and Talbie could attend the temple together,especially when Dave was working.You have some wonderful kids. I love Maddie school supplies, she is a riot. She will love high school

nalani said...

I'm sure Maddie is going to be so excited that you put a picture of her holding maxi pads on your blog!!! That is super fun that you got to go to the temple with your girls---what a great experience.

The Boulter Family said...

Cute pictures Kellie. That is so neat you guys were together as a family in the temple! A blessing!
Hey Kellie I tried to call you today. Whe you get a chance please call me.